Monday, April 13, 2009

Seaworld weekend

So we returned from San Antonio Saturday afternoon. Our plans to hit up the zoo were thwarted due to 60 degree weather and very strong wind. Thankfully Landon didn't know any better. Seaworld was a BIG success. We were a little nervous about the traveling and much more nervous about dropping big bucks to get in and then him hating it! The big bucks were dropped but he loved every minute of it. 

The closest we got to Shamu was the stuffed one he brought home with him. He refuses to call him Shamu, only "big fish." He has a new bedtime companion. He liked the dolphin show a lot but his favorite seemed to be the sea otters and the walrus show. It was me and Jerm's favorite too when we went for our one year anniversary (child free at the time). And of course we saw Elmo and the gang and he was quite adorable for that. I've never seen him sit and stare so intently before. 

I learned 2 things this weekend:

1-Prior to this weekend I had been pretty determined to have 3 children. After paying for Seaworld, I think I will probably stick to 2! Landon was enough to feed, change, and keep up with. I can't imagine another two! Plus it was $100 to get through the gate (hint: Landon was free!) and we had coupons for me and Jeremy to get in at a child's price. $15 to park, $12 for a locker for our camera to not get wet, $30 for lunch (hello..turkey wraps?), and $10 for a stroller.  Praise God that he had a good time, so that made it all well worth it!

2- I have a very well behaved child. He was a great traveler, which he was not until he turned one. He was one of those kids who SCREAMED in the car until we were able to turn his car seat front facing. He was very well behaved in the hotel, as long as he got to push the elevator buttons, and they sent him cookies and milk the night we checked in which made him very happy. He was great at the restaurant and even better on the way home than on the way there. We were very proud of him. I think he mostly just enjoyed being with Jeremy and I together and having our sole undivided attention. That was, after all, the entire point of the trip.

On a sad note, I am so upset!! The numerous pictures we took of our "first family vacation" have been destroyed!! Not only vacation pictures but our Easter pictures as well. And they were SOOOO cute! Somehow in the process of downloading them to put them on the blog, they got all scrambled and now I can't retrieve them. I'm so bummed!! My very computer savvy hubby is going to try to save them but has already warned me not to get my hopes up. :( 

I hope you all had a great Easter. It was the best Easter I've ever had. God is good. Jeremy is riding in the MS-150 this weekend so we are headed to Austin on Sat. to pick him up on Sunday afternoon. Pray the weather is nice and he stays safe!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I was wondering how the vacation went! I am glad it went well and that Mr. Landon was well behaved.

I'm sorry about the pictures. You know what happened to me recently. It stinks losing everything.

Stay well! Love ya!