Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Karma

It's funny how some people brag on their children incessantly and some are hesitant, always wondering when the other shoe will drop. I tend to be the latter... The other shoe dropped!

I mentioned previously how wonderfully behaved Landon had been @ Seaworld and for the entire San Antonio trip. I picked him up at school today to find out he had been put in time out.  The kid has one month left of mother's day out and has never been in time out before! My face must have shown all of the shock I was absorbing because his teacher said "I know...I don't know what was wrong with him today, he is so good!" Apparently he refused to take a nap today (which he never does), would not stay quietly on his nap mat, and pushed another kid. GASP!! He pushed another kid???!!! My shy, quiet, cling to his mother's leg around other children kiddo PUSHED another kid? Again from the teacher, "I know, I know, I don't know what got into him today!" He usually RUNS to me when I pick him up from school. It's one of my favorite parts of the day. Today; he would have nothing to do with me. His teacher looked at him like he was from another planet then looked at me like "who is this kid you dropped off today?" I nearly had to drag him to the car. 

So we left and went and got snow cones and went to the park. I know, some disciplinarian I turned out to be. I did try to have "the talk" about not pushing other kids and listening to adults, but seriously, he's 2. That says enough. We have been stepping up the discipline lately since the independence is really starting to take effect. Everything is "Landon do it!" Lord Jesus help me! And another one on the way. By the way, did I mention he's asleep in my bed right now?

On a side note, I am looking for a new digital camera. Ours is 5 years old and slower than Christmas. When you want to take multiple pictures quickly (which you have to do with kids) it takes forever for it to reload between shots. And the viewing screen on ours is tiny. Any suggestions would be great! 

We are hopefully headed to the beach tomorrow to enjoy this beautiful weather! I'd say I'll post pics but who knows?? Thanks for all of the votes on the name. We have picked one out but I'm not sharing until the polls are closed!! Be blessed :)

No comments: