Monday, April 27, 2009

a little update

Things are going well. #2 is very active and moves right on schedule. Usually between 8-10 every night....HMMM I wonder if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Landon's active time was between 1-3 AM every morning so I suppose it's better than that, but I was also working full time nights then as well. He very much does not like me to lay on my right side. Apparently I squish him that way and he goes to town kicking and wiggling. I happen to be a side sleeper by the way!

Landon keeps us laughing daily. He is now counting as high as 18 and very good at pointing out letters. His favorites are "H" and "M" but he can recognize as many as 10-12 letters and does pretty good with his alphabet. He always seems to get stuck around "L" and "K" but just skips them and keeps on going. I guess all the reading has paid off! And we can't forget to thank Sesame Street :)

His teachers at school last week said he keeps talking about a baby. We have been trying to tell him about the baby on the way and that he is going to be a big brother, but I tend to think he is talking about babies because he loves Izzy & Abby. They are two sweet little one year old twins in our life group and we call them "the babies." We went to the beach with them last Wed. and then every Wed evening the kiddos in our group come over to our house with the babysitters while the adults have bible study (and one and 1/2 hours of adult time and freedom :) So he likes to say "babies come to Landon's house and play Momma!" 

Other than that, things are moving along well. #2 will be here before we know it. Carter seems to be the overwhelming vote getter in the polls. I promise to stop calling him #2 soon and I will tell you all what we have decided to name him. 

Have a blessed week!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I don't know about "overwhelming" on Carter....There are 5 on the "try again" vote. :-P