Friday, January 2, 2009

Welcome 2009

So New Years has come and gone. Much to our delight! We went out to a nice dinner and then to a VERY ritzy country club to hear our praise team play amazing cover songs. SO MUCH FUN! We were so under dressed and out of our element with the crowd but we were there with friends who love us and celebrated with us at midnight as we said adios~ to 2008. It was great. 

So I thought I'd make a list of what I was thankful for this past year despite all we went through.

My top 10...

1- I have a God that has forgiven me for the angry things I felt toward Him at the beginning of the year. Grace is truly the most amazing gift ever. 

2- I have the GREATEST most supportive family ever! I know now that I can call them at 3 in the morning and not have to worry about anything. And although my husband is amazing I'm also talking about my parents, in-laws, aunts, uncles and cousins. Seriously, my family is great!!

3- I have friends that still call to check on us... even though I almost never call them back. There was a time when I didn't want to talk to any one of them about ANYTHING. I was just too self absorbed. Yet they love me anyway... go figure!

4- I have the busiest, happiest, strongest son God could have ever blessed me with. I can't believe I can keep up with him (at times I can't). I truly cannot wait to see what God has in store for my super hero in the future.

5- The economy sucks! The market is terrible! Unemployment is skyrocketing and I have a job that I don't have to ever worry about losing. And I get to do what I love every time I'm there. 

6- I am incredibly glad that my stubbornness did not block what God was trying to do in our lives. My stubbornness blocks a lot of things sometimes :) But out of that we got plugged back in and found our fabulous church family again. Man we love you guys!

7- This may sound silly, but I am very thankful for Texas Children's and the fact that we live so close to one of the greatest children's hospitals in the country. We spent a lot of time there this year and they took great care of us and our baby. Even if I didn't work there, we'll know our way winding through those hallways for a long time. 

8-My husband is the greatest guy in the world. He has supported me through rock bottom and has been there to help me pick up the pieces. If I didn't have anyone else in this world, I'd be okay as long as I had him. Anyone who doesn't believe in a soul mate doesn't have a spouse like Jeremy.

9- I know I already mentioned my family, but my parents are super stars. They spent countless hours with us at the hospital from the time Landon was transported by ambulance to the ER, through surgery after surgery, post-op visits, and COUNTLESS  hours of babysitting so we could keep our sanity. I don't know how people make it with no family close by. We would drown! I love them more than they'll ever know. 

10- I have HOPE for a better year!
"...But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strenth. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint!" Isaiah 40:31

It is our hope that your 2009 is going to be as fantastic as ours is. We love you all. Thanks for your support and love~




No comments: