Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The perils of Toddlerhood

So our newest task at hand with Landon has been transferring him to a toddler bed. I have dreaded this for quite some time now. For many reasons, but the big reason is because of the horror stories I've heard of couples having their 9 year olds in the bed with them. For those of you who know me well; you know that sleep is very near and dear to my heart. So having a toddler climb out of his bed every ten minutes just to end up in the middle of MY bed in the long run is not something I have been wanting to deal with. Alas, we tried anyway!

Wow how children surprise you. Saturday night was his first day in his "big boy" bed. I laid him down and he was out in 10 minutes and didn't make a peep until around 8 that next morning. FABULOUS! I'm thinking to myself. Ever heard of beginners luck?? Sunday night we fought with him until 10pm. Sleeping in the bed is not the problem for him. When he's out, he's out. It's getting him to leave things alone in his room and fall asleep on his own that's the problem. In the crib I could just lay him down and he would cry for a few minutes and be out. NOW he has to get up and unplug the night light and unplug the monitor and tiptoe down the hall to see if we're watching him.

It is an ongoing battle at this point, but he's getting the hang of it. My ideal time to be in bed each night is by 9-9:30. (I know we're old). Landon's ideal time seems to be somewhere between 10-10:30. We're working on it!

I would include a picture of him but it seems he has lost the card reader that I download my pictures into. HMMM? Adorable bootie in the air photo to come.

No comments: