Thursday, August 28, 2008

No can do!!

So, my baby had his appointment yesterday. Turns out his plastic surgeon won't touch his eye with a ten foot pole until he has his adenoids removed. His reasoning is the risk for infection is far too great. So he will have to have his adenoids removed first and then when he is healthy and off antibiotics he will remove his eye. I was not happy to hear this but can totally understand. The last thing I want is for my child to have ANOTHER overwhelming infection.

His plastic surgeon did agree to do his eye removal at TCH and that made me happy. They should know us on a first name basis by the end of the year :) All kidding aside, I will be happy when this is all over. How many times have I posted that on this blog? Surely not as many as I have thought it to myself.

I added the cute little "classic children's book" gadget to the blog because I love to read and I love classic children's books. I prayed when I was pregnant with Landon that he would love books like I do. I think he does and I am greatful until I have to read "Noah and the big boat" 117 times without a break. He really loves animal books too. Those are probably his favorite. When I asked him what he did at school on the first day of mother's day out....."boops" aka: books!

He started mother's day out this past Tuesday. Jeremy and I slept terribly the night before. It's not like we were sending him off to college here. Just mother's day out for heaven's sake! Still we slept awful and worried about him the whole time he was there. Turns out he had a fabulous time! He came home in a fantastic mood, just playing and beboppin around, talking to himself. The biggest shocker... he took a nap. For those of you who know my kid... he sleeps in a crib and only in a crib, in a semi-dark quiet room. (exactly how I sleep minus the crib). So to hear that he took a nap on a yoga mat with his little pillow and blanket blew me away. He also slept longer than any other baby in the class. He may look like his dad folks, but he is his mother's child through and through!

No comments: