Monday, September 8, 2008

Does it ever slow down?

Howdy! Hope everyone had a great weekend. I must start this post by saying I wish everyone reading this right now could have been at church with me on Sunday. We had the most fabulous worship EVER! And we didn't even have the words up on the screen like we usually do. There were some slight technical problems, but holy cow what great worship! That being said...

I called this morning and begged Landon's ENT (or her secretary actually) to squeeze him in sometime this week so that we could have his adenoids removed next week. She had nothing.. not a single open appointment for this week at either location she sees patients at. But I told her secretary the problem and she said if we will keep our appointment for Monday then she would go ahead and pencil us in for surgery on Tuesday! Now that is what I call customer service! I'm sure his ENT will be surprised when I tell her on Monday that we already have a surgery date and she doesn't even know what we're coming in for :) That's how we roll!

If anyone has any ideas how to keep my child's inner "monkey" from evolving please let me know. Everytime I turn around he is standing on top of SOMETHING! Recently this week it is the kitchen table (glass), the end table in the living room, and the toilet. Not the lid, the top of the tank. He has this obsession with his toothbrush and toothpaste. I would love to brag on myself and say that he just enjoys brushing his teeth, but really he just enjoys sucking the bubble gum toothpaste off of the toothbrush. Lord, help me!!

A couple of weeks ago I was volunteering in his class at church and my cousin brought his little girl who is 4 months younger than Landon. After that morning, I was so jealous. She just sat there and played with her blocks and ate goldfish and looked at Landon like he had horns. (sometimes I think he has horns...and a pitchfork!) Little girls are so different; so calmn, relaxed and just roll with the flow. Not me. I have a boy! And man is he a wild mess. But he's our wild mess.

I'll update again before his surgery. Please be in prayer that the 16th (next Tuesday) will be our lucky day. We need to move forward with his eye and this is one step in the right direction. We love yall!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl its Brande so let me tell you not all little girls are calm and relaxed. Mine climbs and jumps off of everythings. She stands on my toilet and is always found in the kitchen sink getting water (which is blocked off). so I feel your pain. We miss you on 9WT and you and your family are in my prayers always. Good luck and hope it all continues to work out. Keep it in GOD's hands.