Thursday, April 22, 2010

Obeying!

Landon got a very detailed biblical lesson in obeying yesterday. For some reason he woke up in a foul mood and it carried over into the afternoon. Our discussion went something like this:

Mom: "Landon you HAVE to obey me and daddy. Jesus tells us in the Bible that we have to obey Him and our parents.
Landon: "And you have to obey MiMi and Poppy."
Mom: "Yes, because Mimi and Poppy are my PARENTS so I have to obey them and listen and do what they say because that's what Jesus tells us to do."
Landon: "And Keaton has to obey me."
Mom: "No Keaton has to obey mommy and daddy just like you do." 
Landon: "And you have to obey Mimi and Poppy."
Mom: (rubbing her hands down her face quite aggressively) Landon lets worry about you obeying instead of everyone else okay? I need you to start doing things the first time I tell you because I'm not going to tell you to do something 5 times anymore. You HAVE to do it the first time!"
Landon: "No you don't say it 5 times. Say it this many times! (holding up 5 fingers!!)"
Mom: "NO ONE TIME! and if you don't do it after the first time, you're going to time out."
Landon: ......
Mom: "Do you hear me??"
Landon: ......  now playing with his Spiderman puzzle, he no longer realizes I am in the room.

So we'll keep working on it.....  :)

No comments: