Wednesday, April 14, 2010

10 minute strawberry pie!



I took the boys to pick strawberries last week at the farmer's market in Manvel. It was awesome and we came home with tons of berries! Jeremy and I ate our fill through the weekend and I still had an entire gallon size bag of strawberries left. What's a girl to do? Bake of course!

I found this strawberry pie recipe in my cancer kids cookbook (you must check out this website. Brooke is a little girl I used to take care of when I worked pedi oncology. Her story and her family are amazing! As is the cookbook, in which all funds go to the organization her parents have set up in her honor.) I haven't actually tried it yet, but my lifegroup will be my guinea pigs tonight :)

10 minute Strawberry Pie:

8 oz. cream cheese 1 grahm cracker crust
3/4 cup sugar 1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pint strawberries quartered
8 oz cool whip

Cream together softened cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Pour into pie crust. Leave 2 tbsp. in bowl. Toss strawberries with remaining cream cheese mixture and pour into pie crust. Top with cool whip and enjoy! 



Just needs the cool whip!


And what day full of baking is complete without a fabulous sioux chef?


2 comments:

Unknown said...

YUUUUM. I can't WAIT to be a guinea pig!

I just froze two big bags of strawberries. Apparently my eyes were WAY bigger than my whole family's collective stomach :) But we're looking forward to tasty smoothies all summer :)

Jenn said...

Ohh frozen.. great idea! I'm looking forward to going back... and making strawberry pies for everyone I know :)