Monday, August 31, 2009

One year later...

Landon's first week of MDO went well. It was quite a fiasco to get him there on time. We definitely have to work on our time management skills around here now that Keaton has joined the family. Just as I got Landon loaded in the car and ready to go, Keaton had a huge blow out in his diaper. Not once, but twice. Both requiring outfit changes! I have to learn to leave myself some extra time for unexpected issues :). Bug walked right in like the old pro he is and sat down and started playing with toys. I felt for all of the moms who's children were screaming and clinging to their pant legs. I smiled, gave my baby a kiss and headed out the door thinking we were exactly where they are just a year ago. It was bittersweet.

Keaton had his first trip to church yesterday. I wouldn't exactly say he behaved himself. He slept through the worship and woke up to eat and listen to Pastor Steven's message :) Of course that included loud burping and 10 minutes of cute baby hiccups along with unnecessarily loud binky sucking. I sat in the back and disturbed the sound people, did some walking around when he got bored, and tried to get as much of the message as I could. A touch up on the website would not be a bad idea! We head back to our lifegroup on Wed. and we are excited to spend some time with Keaton's extended (church) family.

Adjustment period is still in full swing I would say. Landon is doing better, although his sassy mouth has been getting him into trouble lately. "You drivin' me nuts!" is what he exclaimed to me when I told him to lay down for the 50th time the other day for his nap. Now I can't possibly imagine where he picked up that phrase :) It's good for him to be back in school to be around other kids and to have some structure and a place to run off all of that energy! And it's great for me to get a nap!

What a difference a year makes! He starts pre school next year and I can hardly believe it.


One year later. He looks like an old pro! (a four year old pro)

Me... go to sleep?? Now that's funny!!


I know it's 2 am Mom, but lets talk. Tell me about your day!

No comments: