Thursday, August 13, 2009

And then there were four...





I have neglected the blog for some time now much to the understanding of moms everywhere :)
Keaton has been here for 9 days now. As we were sitting in labor and delivery watching TV to pass the time, we discovered that he shares a birthday with Barak Obama. It was enough to make me want to hold off for one more day... almost! His delivery, despite his husky frame, was much easier than Landon's. I was in labor for 8 hours and only pushed 4 times to get his big 10 pound self out. My doctor was fantastic. She ran up three flights of stairs to make it in time. I went from 6 cm dilated to 10 cm in an hour. When the nurse said "lets try a test push" it actually turned into "his head is almost out" push. Hence the need for Dr. Rivero to put some pep in her step. Recovery has been smoother, maybe because I am forced to deal with 2 kids and not one. 

Landon is a great big brother. Very curious and quick to want to wake him up. But he has been a challenge as well. I had no expectations of how he was going to react to having Keaton around. I wasn't sure what to expect, but the out bursts have begun. Some times I'm not sure who he is. I know it will take time for all of us to adjust. In the mean time, we are trying to spend undivided attention with him. We went to Chuck E. Cheese yesterday while my mom kept Keaton so that we could spend some one on one time with him. He enjoyed it as much as we did. 

Jeremy goes back to work on Monday and then I think my life will be hell for a little while until I figure out a more solid routine. I'm somewhat of a scheduled person and routine does me good. If I could just figure out how to teach Keaton that it is not necessary to eat for an hour and then be hungry I think we'd do okay :) I have a wonderful husband. He is so helpful and makes my life so much easier. If I could clone him I bet I'd make a fortune! He's on his way to the grocery store now to get Landon out of my hair! 

It's funny how different the boys are. Keaton seems to be much more laid back than Landon was at this age. He nurses well, which Landon never did. He does like to be cuddled and snuggled with more than his brother which is great until Landon needs my attention, which is a little more often now. 

All in all we are doing well. Despite the typical sleep deprivation a newborn brings we are quite functional. We are now one big happy family!!






No comments: