Wednesday, November 26, 2008

So Thankful!

Check me out!



My baby with his new eye!!

We went and had pictures with Santa on Monday. While we were in line, there was a very well mannered little boy in front of us. He was probably about 8 years old. When he noticed Landon didn't have an eye, he did his very best not to stare and point. Poor thing, he did not do a very good job. He very nonchalantly nudged his mother to point Landon out. I could tell she got embarassed and whispered something in his ear. Probably something about not staring. He couldn't help it. My saving grace in all of this is that Landon never knew any different. As a mom, it's hard to have your baby not look like all the other kids. Well, now he does!

As you can see his eye looks FANTASTIC! He was such a good boy yesterday while we were at Robin's office, and it was a very long day. She matched the color perfectly. The only minor adjustment we need to make is to "slim" the eye up a little on the bottom so it doesn't push his bottom lid out. Right now his new eye makes him look a little "bug eyed" (No pun intended :) But you have to look very hard to tell. 

He kept pointing to his eye yesterday and saying "eyes!" Yes baby you have 2 eyes now! So many things had to go just perfect for us to get into Robin's office yesterday and I truly believe God worked wonders for it to happen. For that I am eternally greatful to Him! I don't really get a Thanksgiving this year because I'm working tonight through Friday night. But I have so much to be thankful for. My baby was my hero yesterday. He was so brave and tough.  

If any of you thought I posted a lot of pictures before, just wait. Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving. !

"He will yet fill your mouths will laughter and your lips with shouts of joy!"
Job 8:21



3 comments:

Michelle said...

What a blessing I was hoping you would post today with pictures. Landon looks FANTASTIC. I know you are relieved on so many levels. I know you are working through the day but I also know you are celebrating Thanksgiving in a much deeper manner than a lot of other Americans!

Congrats and give Mr. Landon a hug from me!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,

You make us all realize what is most important! Not that we didn't know, but you really reinforce it. These little ones hold all of the strings to our heart, and EVERY thing they go through is more important than anything happening to us. They are our world, and I can truly feel that reading your blogs. Landon looks wonderful! I know you are so proud! I'm so happy this day has come for your baby! Just look at those pictures while you're working the holiday and I know you will smile! Maybe with a little tear or two as well.

Katie said...

Jenn and Jeremy,
Landon's eye looks great, it is so amazing what they can do. I know this comes at a wonderful time of the year. Landon really is going to be an awesome kid and you will probably see Landon as a stronger being as he grows into a little man because of this. Happy Thanksgiving!!