Friday, September 26, 2008

We have liftoff...Almost!

We finally have the day pinned down for Bug's surgery. We are scheduled at 9:30 on October 16th! We have to be there by 8 so that's not near as bad as being there by 6 as in the past. I am very excited yet there are anxious feelings too that I'm not quite sure about. Not sure where they're coming from or what they mean. As I've mentioned, I've wanted this for months but now that it is drawing closer I feel unexplainably uneasy. I'm sure it will pass. 

We are hoping to have his new prosthetic in time to have Christmas pictures made. If not, then we'll have them made anyway! The plan is to sew the eye lids shut for about 6 weeks post-op and then proceed with the prosthetic. It should be a fairly easy ordeal to have the prosthetic made since the occularist knows Landon and has already worked with us before. I was looking at pictures of Bug before his accident a couple of days ago. I posted it to his site because I wasn't sure if I was the only one who forgot what he looked like before his accident. My sweet boy has suffered this year. We have as well, but God is mighty and sovereign and we are glad to be resting in His arms.

On a funny note, my mom picked up Landon's Halloween costume. He is going to be a pirate! Oh how I cannot wait to post the pictures of him in it. We tried it on this afternoon and although he fought me, he was truly adorable. I wanted to eat him up! He was not happy about wearing it until we laughed and clapped and made a big deal about him. Then he thought he was the cat's meow! 

Please be in prayer every day about Landon's surgery. For him  and for us. This is a big ordeal and we've pushed through a lot to get here. This worst case scenario has turned out to be something that we want and long for. Pray for it daily & for us; that every aspect of the surgery from pre-op to post-op will be perfectly placed in God's hands and we will have peace and be drawn to God through all of this. We love you all dearly. Thank you for loving our baby with us!

"He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy!"
Job 8:21

"For I know the plans I have for you ," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you  hope and a future!"
Jeremiah 29:11


No comments: