Thursday, October 22, 2009

almost forgot!

Needless to say with the addition of Keaton, things have been a little busy. We have finally settled into a routine and Landon has adjusted greatly to his new little brother. Keaton has been a huge blessing to our family. 

So here's what I almost forgot about. It's been a year since Landon had his eye removed. October 16th was the big day. That whole situation is what prompted this entire blog thing. Those days haunt me sometimes. The surgeries, the holding him down, the endless doctor's visits with probing eye exams. Yea, sometimes they all come flooding back for no reason at all and I have to remind myself to breathe. Then I stop and look at where we are NOW. I am reminded that God has brought us through that storm and I have a perfect little boy. Maybe I didn't really forget about it. Maybe it was just somewhat repressed. Either way I am greatful for the lessons learned and the strength we've obtained. 





After the initial injury and surgery. April 08'


Have you ever seen a cuter kid in glasses?? :)

We made endless trips to his office and most of the time he had bad news for us, but he was always honest and he loved my baby! Thank you Dr. Holz!


Immediately after surgery.  Soon to follow.... the horrible post-op experience!

My one-eyed baby pirate! 2 weeks post op.


Who has a fake eye???

There is nothing my Bug can't do. That part has amazed me. Part of my saving grace has been that he was so little when this whole mess happened. He will never remember what it was like to have 2 eyes. As far as he's concerned he does :) One day I'll sit down and tell him the whole story and show him all of these pictures and more. And I'll be able to give him my testimony about the whole ordeal. Maybe one day he'll get to share his testimony to other people about the awesome things God does. Until then, I assume he'll keep trucking along as fast as his little legs will carry him. 

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with ALL your heart."

Jeremiah 29:11-13






1 comment:

Katie said...

So sweet, Jenn! glad this is all behind ya'll!