Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I love March

March is a favorite month of mine. Yes there are many birthdays to celebrate. My father-in-law, me, my Nana, my uncle,  my cousin's girlfriend, and one of my oldest (not in that sense of the word Michelle!) friends. Maybe I should have used the word "dearest." I had a fabulous birthday yesterday. I did laundry and cleaned house and watched Elmo with Landon 17 times. Then our friends came over and we had hamburgers and Wal-Mart carrot cake! It truly was a great day. I have come to find out that when you have children, your birthday is just another day. But if it is a day spent with the children and people you love, then what day like that isn't great?

Today is my Nana's 78th birthday. She's one tough cookie and has as much energy as Landon any day of the week :) It is also my due date for the baby that we miscarried in August. I remember how excited we were that I was due a day after my birthday, 2 days after my father-in-law and on my Nana's birthday. Even if it had not been such a busy birthday week, I would have remembered the significance of today. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about that baby. Even though I had never met it personally or even knew if it was a boy or a girl. I still feel like I am a mother of 3! I'm glad it's my Nana's birthday because it makes me joyful to be able to celebrate another year with her. Because I have her, I have a reason to be happy today! And of course the beautiful weather helps too.

So I'm off to pick up Landon from mother's day out. We are going to come home and plant some flowers in his very own flower pot. It should be very messy and very fun! Have a beautiful March month! HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANA!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

In the spirit of Lent I am practicing restraint on your "oldest" comment. :-)

I know right now is an especially difficult time for you with the due date. I am very, very sorry.

You are showing a lot of grace and you will be blessed for it!

Melissa said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Jenn from two other March b'day gals..Melissa & Bethany. It truly is a great month. Glad to see Landon is doing so well. Congratulations on your expecting another baby!