Monday, December 15, 2008

A tree divided

Notice the "evidence" at his feet!


Does this tree look funny to you?  A little uneven maybe? Before we had a toddler, our tree was always pretty and fancy. A big bow on top with pretty snowflake ornaments. Most of them glass and glittery. It's not that I'm opposed to homey trees. I can't wait for Landon to bring home adorable trash bag wreaths and clothes pin reindeers to hang on our tree. We already have a couple of memorable ornaments. But in the meantime, this is what our tree looks like. All those pretty fancy ornaments clustered at the very top. He's already broken 5 glass balls! And he's obsessed with my Starbucks ornament which happens to be one of my favorites! Yesterday I found it in the toy box with his blocks! 

Our tree did not start out this way when we put it up. If you notice in the picture to the right, we did this by trial and error. After ornament #3 was demolished we started moving them up. After #5 came crashing down, I moved them ALL!

The surprising thing... he doesn't touch the presents. He doesn't even notice they're there. What's a gal to do? 





1 comment:

Michelle said...

I can't stop laughing. I love this child and the 'joys' of parenthood he is providing to one of my favorite people!