Wednesday, October 15, 2008

less than 8 hours..

So here I sit at work waiting to get off to attempt to go home and get some sleep before Bug's big day tomorrow. I agreed to work for someone for 4 hours prior to knowing his surgery date. Then I figured it wouldn't matter because I probably won't sleep anyway. Last night we met at our friend's house from church and our wonderful lifegroup prayed for us and Landon. It was awesome and whenever the little anxiety bug starts to eat at me, I think of all of the amazing prayers that went up in his name and I feel more peaceful.

I'm sitting here thinking of all of the hardships that we have gone through this year. It FINALLY seems to be coming to an end. God continues to show us new things each day about our lives. I am truly excited for where our next journey in life will take us. Now that we have learned how to rely completely on Him, i know we can get through anything.

So it should take about an hour to remove his eye. It amazes me that it only takes an hour to remove an organ, no matter how small that organ may be :) I am hoping to be home by 1 or so. I am going to take our camera so I can snap a few pics of him in his wagon ride to the throne (or the operating room). I'm not usually the cheesy camera mom with things like this but it's a big day for our Bug! I will post as soon as I get the chance. I'm sure I will try to nap at some point tomorrow. He always seems to be VERY clingy after surgery. As understandable as this is, it can be very trying after several days. Please pray for zero post-op discomfort. The surgery assistant said today that the big thing we will notice is bloody tears. That is because even though the eye is gone, the tearducts still hydrate the socket. She also said that they use some pretty strong numbing medications on the muscules that they have to manipulate so he should be okay for the first couple of days. Post-op pain is ALWAYS the worst on day 2 or 3. So please be in prayer about that.

We are so ready for this to be over. And soon, it all will be. We love you guys. Thanks for following and praying with us. If your awake at 9:30 tomorrow morning, say a little prayer for our Bug as he ascends the throne! (operating bed)

No comments: