Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"Children Of God"




I know I've neglected the blog. For those of you who used to follow it to keep up with our wild boys, you've probably stopped reading. Sorry! It seems other than a brief set back with Landon's eye, we haven't had much to report. But there's big news brewing in our neck of the woods.

Jeremy and I have been talking for a while about adoption. We've been feeling that heart tug that only comes from God. The one that makes you stop and say "did He really just say that?" Yea, that kind of a tug. Our hearts have been tugged by God to add to our already wild household. We're adopting a daughter! We are beyond excited, beyond scared, beyond completely understanding any of the terms, processes or requirements, but we're marching full steam ahead out of obedience. Our prayer is that by this summer we will have a sweet girl running around with our wild boys. I could go on and on about the need for adoption and about the Biblical call of adoption for Christians. There are far too many children and not anywhere near enough parents.

We've chosen to adopt out of the foster care system. There are plenty of jumbled up thoughts and emotions that I'll soon be spilling on here so that I have somewhere to lay them, other than my already full brain!

Listen to the words of this video. It gives me goosebumps and makes my heart beat fast. It truly says it all! More details to come soon :)

1 comment:

Lance said...

Great video. Can't tell you how excited we are for you guys and how much we're looking forward to meeting your little girl!