Monday, May 11, 2009

But he smelled sooo good!




Landon has always been a kid that entertains himself pretty well. I have taken advantage of that more times than I can count. But it seems the older he gets, the more curiosity takes over. And we all remember what happens to the cat!  

This past Thursday was crazy! I was trying to get ready for a children's ministry meeting, finish up dinner for Landon and Jeremy (who was running VERY late from work, but not his fault), pick up sandwiches for the meeting, and waiting for Allison to meet me at my house so we could leave. Landon had been watching Elmo in my room. I pulled the casserole out of the oven and turned around. Something smelled very good, yet it wasn't my casserole. I nearly fell out!! He was standing there covered in my Marc Jacobs Daisy perfumed lotion I got for Christmas. He was also holding his monkey (who had tried to help clean up the mess) and my decorative hand towel from the bathroom (that is used for... decoration). I wanted to BEAT him, but like the post is titled... he smelled SOOO good, and he was SOOO slippery, so even if I tried to pick him up to beat him he would have slid right through my hands! So as if I didn't have enough to do, I had to bathe him now. 

When Allison walked in she mentioned how good my house smelled :) The moral of the story is when your kids get quiet, check on them!!!

I hope you all had a fantastic mother's day. Mine was great! Church, nap, and grilled chicken! Fantastic!

Oh yea, the little Bambino's name:   Keaton Blayne! 


3 comments:

Michelle said...

LOVE the story!!!

LOVE little bambino's name! Good job!!!

Amy said...

Oh yeah, the little bambino's name...Love the way you just slid that in!

Sybil said...

I love Keaton Blayne. I thought you were going to say Marc Jacobs :) Great story!